We are now recruiting a
Content Writer to help take Hive to the next level, and beyond!
– Join Our Mission –
Application deadline 15th July 2019
£18-20K DOE + Benefits, Including Flexible Working & Unlimited Holidays
Have you got a way with words? A taste for terminology? A passion for prose?
If the answer to all three questions is “yes!”, you sound right up our street!
First, a bit about us…
We’re Hive, an award winning tech company based in Newcastle upon Tyne city centre. Our software as a service (SaaS) proposition operates in the ‘HR Tech’ space; one of the fastest growing sectors in tech right now. Our feature rich platform connects employers and employees by gathering workforce feedback and insights on a continuous basis – an approach that is now adopted by SMEs and multinational corporates such as Apple, Amazon and Google.
We are now recruiting a talented in-house Content Writer to help take Hive to the next level and beyond. If you’d like to join an ambitious, competitive, dynamic, fun-loving team at a tech company that is going places – this might just be the job you’re looking for…
What’s Exciting About It?
(What isn’t exciting about writing? You get to translate awesome ideas into compelling copy!)
Hive is thriving and we need a Content Writer to supply us with the words to communicate our brand, product and mission. Reporting to our Content Strategist, you’ll be set free to create content for all our marketing channels and collateral. There really is a tonne of stuff to be getting your teeth into, including:
- Digital and content marketing; content for web, advertising and email.
- Printed comms; concepting and content for marketing, events and services collateral.
- Video; script writing and production assistance.
- Product communications; including guides and factsheets.
- Research: insight gathering around our audience, competitors and sectors
- Creative trend-spotting
Hive certainly has its quirks, which is all down to the colourful characters that we recruit.
Yep, we like personalities, so whether you’re introverted, extroverted, sporty, foody, small, tall, or whatever – just be your authentic self and we’ll be happy!
The things we’re looking for in a Content Writer specifically are:
- Outstanding written ability; sloppy spelling is a no-no.
- Relevant education; FE/HE qualifications in English, Media, Marketing or Advertising would be awesome, but proven experience and a solid portfolio will still stand you in good stead.
- Versatility; the ability to write creatively and functionally.
- Content marketing understanding; awareness of how to write for web.
- Humility; the ability to take feedback, creative divas need not apply!
- Organisational skills; messy desks are permitted but you‘ll need to hit deadlines.
- A keen eye; a.k.a OTT when it comes to proofreading.
- Pure passion; enthusiasm for writing and an absolute thirst to learn.
Benefits & Atmosphere
- competitive salary;
- a talented, positive, can-do team of co-workers;
- informal work environment;
- planned social events;
- unlimited holidays;
- flexible working; and
- knowing that you’re part of something that’s going to matter.
Sounds Good, Right?
To apply, please:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for the role of Content Writer”
Within the email submit your CV and a covering letter or covering video*
Within your covering letter or video, please include:
exactly why you’re specifically right for this role and what you’ll bring to our scale-up;
all of your best strengths and why they’re relevant; and
tell us about all of your wins, successes and achievements to date (personal and professional achievements)…
* We recommend Loom if you’re sending a video. It’s free and awesome.
BTW… There’s no need for corporate speak. Dump the formality if it feels right. Be yourself and let your personality shine through
Hive is committed to equal opportunities in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.