Here at Hive we love events! We’ve attended plenty in our time, some amazing, some… ‘less-so’, some have helped us grow our business to the level you see today, others… have left us scratching our heads in confusion.
As Hive continues to thrive we have created the need to recruit our first Events Manager, reporting directly into the Head of Marketing. You’ll be set free to put your personality into all aspects of the event, from sourcing venues to leading on the event content and evaluating the events success. You will also be responsible for managing the external events we exhibit at and working closely with the Head of Marketing build a strategy to maximise our returns.
What’s Exciting About It?
What isn’t exciting about events? This role enables you to use your creativity in the managing of our events while also your attention to detail in the planning and logistics!
There really is a tonne of exciting stuff to be getting your teeth into; including:
- Strategy; getting to build and deliver our B2B events strategy from the ground-up.
- Planning; running a variety of events from small meet-ups to full day customer events both online and offline.
- Creativity; designing, managing and promoting our own events and our exhibition opportunities to maximise our exposure and drive leads.
- Relationships; building and maintaining relationships with local and national partners to run collaborations.
- Measuring; building robust tracking and measurement to understand our returns against our budgets.
- Team player; working closely with different departments to put on events that meet their goals and objectives.
Hive is made up of lots of wonderful people all unique in their own way, which is down to the colourful characters that we recruit.
We love differences and the things that make you different, so just be yourself!
The things we are looking for in an Events Manager specifically are;
- Experienced; a proven track record of organising and managing successful B2B sales events.
- Strategic; have a vision for the future and how our events feed into our wider business objectives.
- Creative; our events shouldn’t always be the same, so let’s get creative.
- Commercial; working to a budget is vital.
- Organised; a successful event has lots of plates to spin, so you need to be able to manage your time and prioritise your workload.
- Passionate; we love passion at Hive, we need you to love events as much as we do!
- Growth-mindset; we need to be constantly reviewing our performance to improve, you’ve got to be open minded and have a drive to always improve.
- Results-focused; we deal in outcomes, so you need to focus on our performance against objectives.
- Rapport; you’ll be constantly managing vendors, partners, colleagues and other event coordinators, so being a people person is a must.