What’s Exciting About It?
Our mission is to help employers be amazing at engaging their workforces. This is an opportunity to work on a product that matters – you can help change the working lives of hundreds of thousands of employees.
Heading up our engineering team, you’ll be leading a team that is committed to building something we’re all really proud of using the best tools and the latest technologies.
- You’re comfortable having intellectual conversations with engineers and product managers across a spectrum of software engineering disciplines.
- You have the stakeholder management skills to keep the wider business informed and engaged in the development process and progress.
- You love seeing projects through to completion – you finish what you start, and recognise that good enough but finished is better than perfect and done?
- Self-learning is part of your DNA. You’re comfortable learning about the latest technologies and importantly, you have an instinct to know ‘how and when’ to apply them.
- You’re a continuous improver, constantly monitoring progress and working on ways to improve team engagement, happiness, velocity and quality.
- You have deep knowledge of modern development tools, APIs and techniques, emerging technologies and strategies.
- You have a solid understanding of tooling and approaches such as TDD, BDD, continuous delivery, Git and build pipelines to ensure product delivery is routine and safe.
- You have experience working with Agile methods, and utilising tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- Experience using cloud platforms, in particular AWS.
- Work closely with the product development director, UX and QA teams to meet company objectives and goals.
- People management of frontend, backend, mobile and infrastructure engineers.
- Continually innovate and optimise our technology and performance.
- Providing advice and input on methodology, process and approach.
- Promote clean, testable and maintainable code that is modular and scalable.
- Ensure solutions meets the non-functional requirements, in particular maintainability, performance, and scalability.
- Provide development estimates as required.
- Uphold Hive’s information security processes and procedures at all times.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Node.js Microservices
- Typescript (ES6+)
- GraphQL (API Gateway)
- LingoHub (i18n)
- Git (GitHub)
- Serverless (Lambda)
- Distributed message bus (SNS/SQS)
- Python (DevOps scripting)
- Buildkite for CI/CD
Our Tech Stack
You don’t need to match every bit of criteria in this advert in order to be considered by us as a good candidate.