Help secure Hive's future!
The successful candidate’s objective will be to manage Hive’s policies, procedures, technologies, and practices in respect of how Data and Information is collected, processed, stored, deleted and distributed, ensuring that such activities are effective, fit for purpose and compliant.
Specifically, the post holder will be named as the Data Protection Officer for Hive, fulfilling, as a minimum, the responsibilities for that role as defined under the GDPR.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain the Information Security Management system to meet Hive’s business needs and accepted standards as part of ISO27001 (accreditation was achieved in Feb 2018) and Cyber Essentials Plus (accreditation was achieved in August 2021).
- Support Hive’s Sales and Customer Success teams by supporting with DPIAs, completing security questionnaires and answering procurement questions regarding IS / DP.
- Work with cross-functional departments on both DP and IS matters to ensure that all business areas are aware of and are delivering against relevant standards and requirements.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of applicable IS and DP legislation that applies to Hive.
- Provide timely technical advice to cross-functional teams on all IS and DP matters.
- Conduct IS / DP training and awareness, and promote a healthy culture of IS / DP within the company.
- Complete due diligence on suppliers / sub-processors and monitor them to ensure they meet our criteria and expectations regarding IS / DP.
- Conduct internal audits, produce wash-ups and recommendations for improvement.
- Run IS / DP management meetings and forums.
Define, manage, test and maintain Hive’s business continuity plan and incident response procedures.
What’s Exciting About It?
Reporting into the CEO, the Information Security & Compliance Manager role is a role which will allow you to grow, enhance and further embed Hive’s information security and compliance. You’ll be given the support and resources you need to thrive and make it yours, in your own way.
You’ll play a critical role in shaping our approach, procedures and culture when it comes to information security, data privacy and compliance.
In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with virtually every department at Hive. This will allow you to forge valuable connections and make a meaningful impact on all facets of our business.
With a minimum of two years in a similar role, the ideal candidate can demonstrate strong knowledge and experience of data governance, data protection compliance and the ISO27001 framework.
You’re a self-starter who thrives when working autonomously and is clear about what needs to be done to achieve objectives.
Accuracy and attention to detail come naturally to you.
You enjoy demonstrating your proficiency in answering technical questions about Hive’s infosec practices when occasionally interacting with potential and existing customers. Your capability in front of customers instills their confidence.
You’re a great influencer, communicator and can clearly and effectively relay ideas and solutions to all levels of stakeholder.
You don’t need to match every bit of criteria in this advert in order to be considered by us as a good candidate.