What’s Exciting About It?
This is an opportunity to shape products that matter – you can help improve the working lives of hundreds of thousands of employees. You’ll be part of a product team that is committed to bringing our vision to life, in an environment that allows you to thrive and really make a difference.
Working with our Product and Engineering teams, you will come up with innovative solutions that solve our customers’ problems, deliver value and disrupt the employee engagement landscape.
Working within an Agile framework, you will be part of a SCRUM team that is respectful of each other’s views, is open and transparent and is committed to building something we’re all really proud of.
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning scale-up business that is going to change the future of work for thousands of people all over the world – because who doesn’t want to have great days at work?!
Scope of this Role
In this role, you’ll make a valuable contribution to the growth and success of Hive through:
- Driving the delivery of the product roadmap as the product leader for the SCRUM team
- Working closely with cross-functional teams and the SCRUM team to develop epics and user stories with clearly defined acceptance criteria that solve customer problems
- Owning the SCRUM Product Backlog – ensure this is visible, transparent, prioritised and clear to all
- Engaging and negotiating with internal stakeholders to ensure regular refinement and prioritisation of SCRUM backlog (features, bugs, tech debt)
- Documenting product features and communicate changes/improvements regularly to the business / customers
- Educating and training teams within the business on product features and how these can be utilised.
- Understanding our market, our competitors, our customers, our technology and Hive’s value proposition
Ideally you will have software product experience and have a background in technology. You’ll like working in an agile framework, love documentation and educating others. You’ll also have a good eye for spotting problems and writing user stories – if you think you fit the bill, we want to hear from you!
In particular, we’re looking for you to demonstrate:
- Technical experience and passion for tech: You’ve got technology experience in Cloud, API, Integrations, Infrastructure and Mobile technologies. You’re keen to explore new technologies and solutions and enjoy the technical challenges of creating robust software that can scale. You’re comfortable learning about the latest technologies and more importantly, know-how and when to apply them.
- Eye for detail and spotting solutions – You love solving complex challenges with an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving. When presented with a problem, you can effectively research the underlying issue and have great verbal and writing skills to create detailed User Stories that teams can execute effectively from. You can create and manage a detailed and complex product backlog of user stories.
- Commitment to completion: You love seeing projects through to the end and are excited by the prospect of working on something that has scope to be used by hundreds of thousands of people.
- Communication is key: You can articulate not just what you’ll be doing, but why it’s necessary and how it can be achieved. You’re a leader. You have vision, drive and the ability to get the best out of your people and Hive.
- Learning – You like to continuously learn and share your learning by educating peers and customers. Continuous improvement and innovation come easily to you, and you can demonstrate how to undertake this, and how to learn quickly when it doesn’t go to plan.
- Documentation – You love to write about how things work, sharing new and updated stories with internal and external stakeholders
You don’t need to match every bit of criteria in this advert in order to be considered as a good candidate.