Sales Development Executive
We are now recruiting a Sales Development Executive to help take Hive to the next level and beyond.
– We’re building something special –
We’re Hive, a tech scaleup with huge but realistic ambitions.
Our software as a service (SaaS) proposition operates in the ‘HR Tech’ space; one of the fastest-growing sectors in tech right now.
Our feature-rich platform connects employers and employees by gathering workforce feedback and insights at scale, on a continuous basis – an approach that is now adopted by SMEs and multinational corporates such as Apple, Amazon and Google.
We’re trusted by some great names (including Tarmac, River Island and Travelodge) and will be adding many more soon.
If you’d like to join an ambitious, competitive, dynamic, fun-loving team at a tech company that is going places – this might just be the job you’re looking for…
The Scope of the Role (In a nutshell)
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Sales Development Executive will focus on lead generation, outreach (via various channels), qualifying and nurturing opportunities; helping to equip the team with new sales opportunities.
You’ll be utilising various methods and tools to generate and qualify high-quality leads, aiming to progress these opportunities through our sales pipeline as quickly as possible.
You will work closely with the marketing team to ensure new leads are qualified and passed over to the relevant sales representative in a timely manner.
We don’t do the ‘hard sell’. Organisations have told us countless times how authentic and memorable our selling style is, that we’re easy to work with and that we care deeply about the relationships we have with customers. We’re obviously keen to maintain that, always.
In the scope of this role, you’ll be expected to::
- Represent Hive: You’ll understand and personify our culture, values and approach to sales and relationship building.
- Know the importance of employee engagement: Hive was created with the belief that everyone deserves more good days at work, Our proposition isn’t a hard sell but it’s important that you believe in what we’re doing and are excited to help organisations create engaging workplaces.
- Tailor your sales approach: Hive is a consultative sale. You’ll need to be awesome at listening and matching your approach to your audience’s’ requirements and values. You will maintain excellent working relationships with customers and colleagues alike, being easy to work with and consistently delivering against targets and deadlines.
- Generate leads and develop opportunities: you’ll be laser-focused on lead generation and opportunity development!
- Build relationships: We don’t do boring! You’ll need to be authentic and memorable.
- Proposition Knowledge: Over time you will be expected to know our proposition inside out and expected to keep up with our proposition’s development as new services, features and benefits are released.
- Pitch: We’re awesome when we pitch. We’re looking for sales team members who believe in our product, understand our prospects’ needs and help us to maintain our successful record.
- Nurture your sales pipeline: We use Hubspot CRM to accurately report progress and account management. You’ll need to know and understand how to maintain and nurture long sales cycles through the use of intelligent communication. As well as being a methodical and organised note-taker,
- Develop your skills: Continuous improvement is part of our culture and we’re not prepared to compromise. If self-development isn’t one of your strong points, Hive isn’t for you.
- Collaborate: Working with cross-functional teams to ensure quality project and time management. You will also play a strong internal role in championing advances and improvement to Hive’s functionality based on feedback.
- Be Creative: If you want, you’ll have the opportunity to work with the marketing team on blog articles, whitepapers, and opportunities to present at industry events.
You’re positive, likeable, curious and great at building relationships with people from all walks of life. You’re never short of anything interesting or fun to talk about. You enjoy meeting and getting to know new people.
Listening is one of your best skills. You retain information, you’re intelligent and you can understand as well as communicate complex concepts. Your written communication skills are first-rate, especially relating` to customer communications.
You’re confident with the subject matter you work with and as such, you’re comfortable with a consultative sales approach.
You’re competitive. You love to win and know how to use that to bring the best out of yourself.
Understanding employee engagement isn’t necessary but it is an advantage if you do. If not, you need to have the appetite to learn and live employee engagement.
Continuous improvement and innovation come easily, and you learn quickly from both successes and mistakes.
You don’t need to match every bit of criteria in this advert in order to be considered by us as a good candidate.
Sounds good, right?
To apply, please:
- Email email@example.com with the subject line “Application for the role of Inside Sales Representative”
- Submit your CV and a covering letter
- Within your covering letter, please include:
- exactly why you’re right for this role and what you’ll bring to our scale-up
- all of your best strengths and why they’re relevant
- tell us about all of your wins, successes and achievements to date (personal and professional achievements)…
AND… there’s no need for corporate speak. Dump the formality if it feels right. Be yourself and let your personality shine through 🙂
Hive is committed to equal opportunities in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation; because it’s the right thing to do.