Reporting to the Sales Development Manager, the Sales Development Representative will focus on lead generation, outreach (via various channels), qualifying and nurturing opportunities; helping to equip the sales team with new sales opportunities.
You’ll be utilising various methods and tools to generate and qualify high-quality leads, aiming to progress these opportunities through our sales pipeline as quickly as possible.
You will work closely with the marketing team to ensure your messaging and tone of voice is on point & consistent.
You will have a keen eye for detail and follow our well thought out processes to ensure new leads are qualified and passed over to the relevant sales representative promptly.
We don’t do the ‘hard sell’. Organisations have told us countless times how authentic and memorable our selling style is, that we’re easy to work with and that we care deeply about the relationships we have with customers. We’re keen to maintain that, always.
In the scope of this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Represent Hive: You’ll understand and personify our culture, values and approach to sales and relationship building.
- Know the importance of employee feedback: Hive was created with the belief that everyone deserves more good days at work, our proposition isn’t a hard sell but you must believe in what we’re doing and are excited to help organisations create engaging workplaces.
- Tailor your sales approach: Right person, right channel, right message, right time. We never contact someone without being able to give a good reason why. You’ll use a blended approach to find, nurture and engage prospects. Getting to know their challenges and becoming a trusted advisor along the way.
- Generate leads and develop opportunities: you’ll be laser-focused on lead generation and opportunity development!
- Build relationships: We don’t do boring! You’ll need to be authentic and memorable.
- Proposition Knowledge: Over time you will be expected to know our proposition inside out and expected to keep up with our proposition’s development as new services, features and benefits are released.
- Passion: We love what we do. We’re looking for sales hero’s who believe in our product, understand our prospects’ needs and are passionate about helping them fulfil their objectives.
- Nurture your leads: We use Hubspot CRM to accurately report progress and account management. You’ll need to know and understand how to maintain and nurture long sales cycles through the use of intelligent communication. As well as being a methodical and organised note-taker.
- Develop your skills: Continuous improvement is part of our culture and we’re not prepared to compromise. If self-development isn’t one of your strong points, Hive isn’t for you.
- Collaborate: Working with cross-functional teams to ensure quality project and time management. You will also play a strong internal role in championing advances and improvement to Hive’s functionality based on feedback.
- Be Creative: If you want, you’ll have the opportunity to work with the marketing team on blog articles, whitepapers, and opportunities to attend industry events.
You’re competitive. You love to win and know how to use that to bring the best out of yourself. You’re accountable to yourself when it comes to achieving your goals, and you’re hungry for success because you know what success can bring.
You’re positive, likeable, curious and great at building relationships with people from all walks of life. You’re never short of anything interesting or fun to talk about. You enjoy getting to know new people and instilling your industry knowledge on them.
Listening is one of your best skills. You retain information, you’re intelligent and you can understand as well as communicate complex concepts. Your written communication skills are first-rate, especially relating to customer communications.
Ideally you will be a recent MSc Occupational Psychology (or similar) graduate, with a real passion and interest in the areas of employee engagement and organisational culture. You will certainly need to feel comfortable and confident talking to practitioners and senior stakeholders about their business, their employees, and what they hope to achieve by working with Hive. If you don’t have the qualifications above, but have the appetite to learn and live employee engagement, that’s also cool!
Continuous improvement and innovation come easily, and you learn quickly from both successes and mistakes.
You don’t need to match every bit of criteria in this advert to be considered by us as a good candidate.