Your privacy and confidentiality are really important to us and we are committed to protecting your personal data.
Welcome to the Hive HR Limited Website Privacy Notice.
Your privacy and confidentiality are really important to us and we are committed to protecting your personal information. This privacy notice applies to your use of the website. If you want to know how we collect and use data when you complete Hive surveys, please read this notice. Just so that you know, whenever we use the words “Hive”, “we”, “us”, or “our”, we mean HiveHR Limited.
Please note that this notice supplements the other notices we may issue from time to time, and is not intended to override them. We’ve tried to make this as jargon-free as possible, but if you have any questions, please contact us
In this information notice, we’re going to share with you (click to expand):
We’re a UK based company who provide surveying software to organisations to help them measure, understand and improve employee engagement in the workforce. In order to become an even better employer, organisations need to understand how the workforce thinks and feels. Our software gives employees the opportunity to share their views in a confidential way.
Personal data means any information about someone who is, or can easily be, identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (e.g. statistics).
Technical Data – This includes IP address, browser plug-ins and data on the device you use to access our website.
Usage Data – We collect data about how users interact with our website to help us spot usability problems, and to maintain a website that works well for visitors.
Marketing Data – Includes your full name, contact details and preferences in receiving marketing from us.
Aggregated Data – We collect, and use Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated Data is not considered personal data in law as this data does not contain your identity.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have given us consent to do so.
- Where we need to process your personal data to perform the contract we are about to enter in to, or have entered into, with you or your employer.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and rights do not override those legitimate interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
You’ll receive marketing from us if you have signed up to receive it, have requested information, or you are a customer, and have not opted out. You may also receive highly-targeted marketing from us if we identify there is a legitimate interest to contact you and we have access to publicly available information. We may use a combination of data to deliver communications which contain insights, news, and offers we think may interest you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing at any time by clicking unsubscribe in our marketing communications, or by contacting us.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need it under the purpose we collected it for. For more information about how long we keep your data in specific circumstances, please contact us.
Hive is ISO27001 accredited. This is a recognised international standard for information security, and our accreditation shows we have appropriate measures in place to protect your information from being lost, used, altered, or seen by someone it shouldn’t.
- We will never sell your personal data to anyone. But we may have to share some data with the third parties set out below, to allow us to provide our services:
- Hotjar is based in the EU. Hotjar is used to collect information about how you use our website so we can optimise our website content and user experience. https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy
- Hubspot is based in the USA. We use Hubspot to collect and handle information provided to us on our website for sales, marketing and customer relationship purposes. https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
- Google is based in the USA. We use Google Analytics and Google Ads to collect information about how people use our website, so we can optimise our user experience. https://policies.google.com/privacy
- LinkedIn is based in the USA. It is used to track visitors to our website for remarketing purposes. https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
- Bing (Owned by Microsoft) is based in the USA. We use Bing Ads to collect session information about website visitors. https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
- Where the third parties are based in other countries, like the USA, we will only ever transfer data to them if we’re confident they’ll protect it, and will only use it in line with our instructions. For more detail on how we do this, please contact us.
- In the situation where we merge with, or are acquired by, a third party company, we will share, or transfer your personal data with that company so business can operate as usual. If such a change happens to our business, the new owners may only use your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice.
When using our website there may be links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We don’t control these third-parties, so if you leave our website, we encourage you to read their privacy notices.
You have the ability to exercise the following rights over your personal data:
- To request access to a copy of the personal data we have about you, to check that it’s accurate, and that our processing of it is lawful.
It’s free to do this, but we may charge a reasonable fee, or refuse to provide a copy, if your request is repetitive or excessive.
- To complete or correct any information about you, but we may need to verify the new data is accurate.
- To ask us to delete or remove your personal data. However, we may not always be able to do this, due to specific legal reasons. If there are reasons why we can’t delete some of your personal data, we will tell you.
- To object to the processing of your personal data. You also have the right to object if we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Or you can simply unsubscribe from marketing emails.
- To ask us to temporarily stop processing your personal data (a) if you want us to show the information is accurate; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you don’t want us to delete it; (c) where you need us to hold the data because you need it for a legal claim; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to work out whether we have legitimate grounds to use it.
- To Withdraw consent at any time where we’re relying on consent to process your data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you at the time, if this is the case.
Exercising your rights
If you want to exercise any of your rights, please contact us. We may need further information about your request, or to confirm your identity, before we take action.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Sometimes it may take longer than a month, if your request is complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
The right to complain
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). However, we’d appreciate the chance to deal with any concerns before involving the ICO, so please contact us.
VeraSafe has been appointed as Hive’s representative in the European Union for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. If you are in the European Economic Area, VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to email@example.com only on matters related to the processing of personal data. To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe via their website or via telephone at: +420 228 881 031.
Alternatively, VeraSafe can be contacted at:
VeraSafe Ireland Ltd.
Unit 3D North Point House
North Point Business Park
New Mallow Road
This version was last updated on 29th December 2020.
This Privacy Notice may be updated occasionally, in line with changes to the law or our practices. Please ensure you check this notice for changes, as we will only directly notify you, via email, when we want to make significant changes to the way we collect, store or process your data.